The Cambridge Diet Weight Plan
The Cambridge Weight Plan is a low calorie diet which is made up of shakes, bars, soups and porridge.
The products can be used on their own for quick weight loss or they can alternatively be used alongside your usual meals for a more gradual weight loss.
The programmes range from only 415 calories per day to over 1500.
You can’t buy the products in a shop or online so if you want to try the diet you would need to get in contact with a Cambridge Weight Plan consultant, who will visit you, weigh and measure you then decide from there which plan best suits you.
Formerly known as the Cambridge Diet the Cambridge Weight Loss Plan was the brainchild of Dr Alan Howard at Cambridge University as a method of rapid weight loss.
The diet formula is intended to imitate the weight loss properties of starvation, while providing enough protein to protect lean tissue, the right level of carbohydrate to provide a mild ketosis and eliminate a sense of hunger, and the right levels of vitamins, minerals, trace elements and essential fatty acids to maintain good health. The meals are intended to combine all necessary food groups to satisfy a body’s nutritional needs, in order to allow a person to stop craving foods and overeating.
Over 25 million people have used the weight plan globally since it’s launch in 1984.
What can you eat whilst on the plan?
What you can eat depends on how much weight you are looking to lose. At the centre of the diet is the branded products which contain carbohydrate, protein, fat and fibre as well as more than thirty other nutrients.
The shakes, soup and porridge come in a sachet which you mix with water.
The shake flavours include, strawberry and banana.
Soup flavours include chicken and mushroom, oriental chilli, spicy tomato, vegetable, mushroom and leek and potato.
The porridge comes in original, maple and pecan or apple and cinnamon.
There are chewy or crunch bars. The chewy includes caramel, toffee, chocolate and chocolate orange. If you prefer crunchy, these include cranberry, chocolate mint or peanut.
If you are on a later stage of the programme you can also eat calorie controlled meals. You get the recipes and ideas from your Cambridge consultant.
There are steps or options to the plan and you and your consultant will decide together which step you should start from.
1. Sole source – three or four Cambridge diet products are eaten or drunk a day.
Sole source plus – you have three branded products as well as a normal meal of 200 calories. Or you can have four branded products and 200ml of skimmed milk.
According to the guidance this stage should be followed for between 1 week minimum to 12 weeks maximum. The calories in this stage vary from 415 to 615 daily.
2. Next stage, three weight plan products plus protein rich foods, skimmed milk and some vegetables. T his gives you 100 calories per day and should be followed for one week minimum.
3. This stage gives you 1000 calories a day. It consists of two diet products, milk allowance, breakfast and salads for lunch and dinner. It’s recommended this is followed for two weeks
4. Two diet products, skimmed milk and calorie controlled lunch and dinner. This basically starts to add more conventional food to your daily menu. It can be followed for as long as you like.
5. You are allowed 1500 on this stage, which consists of one diet product, breakfast, dinner, lunch and a snack. Your Cambridge Weight Plan consultant will be able to give you ideas and recipes for what to cook and eat for your meals. There are no restrictions on how long this should be followed.
6. The last step is the maintenance phase. Once your weight has been stabilised the plan recommends planning ahead and eating a healthy, balanced diet. It suggests continuing to visit your Cambridge consultant and having a diet product a day.
Q & A
Q: Is this the same Cambridge Diet that was so successful within the 1980s.
A: Yes, it is the same diet plus a number of products that have evolved based on continuing research and state of the art technology, into products that are unsurpassed in formulation and flavor.
Q: Can I lose weight with the Cambridge Weight Plan?
A: Yes, remarkable weight loss results will occur with the Cambridge Weight Loss Plan. Whether your goal is to lose 5 pounds or 100 pounds or more. In three servings a day-for less than 500 calories, you are guaranteed 100% of everything you need for good health for only a fraction of the cost of conventional food.
Q: Can I use the Cambridge Weight Loss plan for nutrition?
A: Yes the Cambridge Weight Loss Plan is a nutritional supplement developed by a Doctor at Cambridge University. Each serving contains 33% of the RDA for vitamins and minerals, plus all the trace elements and electrolyes as recommended by the food and nutrition board of the national research council. The weight loss plan is low in fat, high in nutrients, and it metabolizes slowly for lasting energy and provides complete balanced nutrition.
Q: How do the products taste?
A: The products have almost 100% acceptance and taste appeal. You’ll never be bored or feel deprived because the shakes, bars, soups and porridge are absolutely delicious and amazingly versatile.
Are you a fan of the Cambridge Weight Plan?