Summer Recipe: Watermelon Ice lollies
Watermelon ice lollies…
This delicious summer recipe is simply made for those hot days! Do you want something new? A little different? Perhaps something refreshing to cool you
down whilst you’re out catching rays?! There are many different ways to make these watermelon ice lollies. Including your choice of fruit, the style of the ice lolly mould, the ingredients and even adding food colouring, feel free to mix it up!
Ingredients: *Recipe makes 5 ice lollies*
- 2 cups worth of seedless watermelon (cubed)
- 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 3 medium kiwis
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 pot of Greek yoghurt
- Handful of chocolate chips (optional- only used to create the style of an actual watermelon+flavour)
- Put the cubed watermelon, lemon juice and sugar into a blender, blend until it becomes puree.
- Once blended, pour into the ice lolly moulds (fill about 3/4 of the way).
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips into the moulds, pushing them around to make them look like actual watermelon seeds.
- Next add 1 and 1/2 tbsp of the Greek yoghurt to each ice lolly.
- Make sure you leave a little room for the kiwi, in order to complete the whole watermelon look.
- Put them into the freezer and leave for approx 2 hours.
- Once they are out of the freezer, you can then add the kiwi by scooping the flesh out of it and blending until it is puree.
- Once blended, add to the bottom layer of the ice lolly.
- Return to freezer for another hour.
- Once they are completely frozen, remove the ice lollies from the moulds by either placing them in a tub of warm water or running under warm water.
- They should then be released smoothly, without any breaks or cracks!
If you have enjoyed reading this summer recipe and fancy reading another of a different kind, feel free to check more out by clicking here: