Summer Recipe: Rhubarb Crumble
Delicious Summer Recipe- Rhubarb Crumble!
Another one of our scrumptious Summer Recipes! Serve hot with some low-fat ice cream! Makes the perfect treat.
See more of them here: http://blog.slimmingsolutions.com/
- 500g rhubarb- chopped
- 85g butter, chilled
- 120g caster sugar
- 140g self- raising flour
- 50g light brown muscovado sugar
- Place the rhubarb into a saucepan with the caster sugar
- Cover and simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes (add more sugar out of the 120g if not sweet enough)
- When soft/sweet enough, pour the rhubarb into a medium baking dish
- Heat oven to 200C/ 180C fan oven
- Rub the flour and butter together with your fingers until it is soft and makes a crumbly topping
- Add the muscovado sugar
- Mix together with hands
- Scatter the topping over the rhubarb
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until golden brown on top
- Once it is baked, serve hot with some low- fat ice cream!