Natural Energy Bars Recipe
Natural Energy Bars- Choose your flavour!
A homemade version of a Nak’d bar or a simple flapjack, very simple and even better with no baking required. This recipe is so simple yet delicious! These energy bars are great snacks for before and during training sessions if a little extra energy is required or as a sweet snack after lunch! There are many combinations for you to try, here are two of the best ones below:
Key Lime Bar:
260g cashew nuts
110g desiccated coconut
Zest of a lime
4 tbsp. fresh lime juice
4 tbsp. melted coconut oil
A pinch of salt
Cherry Bakewell Bar:
175g cashew nuts
80g dried cherries
Place all of the ingredients in a food blender and blend until sticky. *Follow instructions from point 3 below!*
1. Place the dates, desiccated coconut and cashew nuts into a blender and mix for 3 minutes.
2. Whilst the processor is still going, add the salt and the lime zest. Then drip in the lime juice and the coconut oil, if this is not possible with your food processor (to add whilst still on power), just add each ingredient one at a time and blend for a few minutes in between each ingredient.
3. Line a baking tray with some baking paper, empty the ingredients onto the tray and pack down using the back of a tablespoon so that it is compact.
4. Store in the fridge for an hour, before cutting into bars,
5. Although this is not essential, these are best stored in the fridge to stay fresh
To check out more of our recipes, visit our blog and stau tuned for regular blog posts!
Click here: http://blog.slimmingsolutions.com/