Mini chocolate souffles – clean eating dessert!
These delicious chocolate soufflés are pure indulgence without the guilt. Egg whites, cocoa powder, and honey keep this treat clean without sacrificing flavour.
Tip: serve the souffles with fresh berries to add fibre and vitamins.
Ready in 30 minutes.
Recipe makes 4 servings.
– 2 large egg whites
– 25g cup unsweetened cocoa
– 6 tbsp honey
– 120ml cup low-fat milk
– 1 1/2 tbsp white wheat flour
– 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
– non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Lightly spray the bottoms of four single-serve ramekins or soufflé cups.
3. Combine the cocoa, flour, milk, and 3 tbsp of the honey in a pan and whisk until smooth.
4. Cook on low-medium heat until thick (approx 2 minutes) while stirring continuously.
5. Stir in the vanilla and set aside to cool slightly.
6. Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in a small mixing bowl and beat until soft peaks form.
7. Gradually beat in the remaining honey and continue beating at a high speed until stiff peaks form.
8. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
9. Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared ramekins.
10. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until puffy and set.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Source: Oxygen magazine.