Hello Skinny Jeans – The Perfect Jeans?
You can imagine my excitement when I came across Hello! Skinny Jeans which claim to make you look 15lbs thinner. I knew I had to give them a go, for the record, I am curvy, 5 ft 6 in height and wear a completely average 29in jeans.
I was having a particularly ‘Fat Day’ when I received my jeans so could think of nothing better to do than put them to the test. I had ordered a pair of nitewash skinny jeans for women which are dark indigo colour and come in a bootcut styleknown as “barely bootcut” and also a pair of blackout which are a black in colour and have a skinny style leg known as “couture cut”, both in my 29 inch waist size.
I found the care instructions very simple to follow, basically wash inside out with cold water and hang to dry or throw them in the tumbler, which I must say I was impressed about as the majority of products containing elastane aren’t suitable for tumble drier.
I wore the ‘nitewash’ on an evening out and here’s what I found:
– They have a really comfortable waistband which is also the perfect rise–not too high and not too low. The no-muffin-top claim is accurate.
– Huge variety of sizes. They offer waist sizes up to 38 and several different inside leg lengths.
– There aren’t any fancy bits, logos, or other junk cluttering up the back pockets. Clean, big pockets are the most butt-minimizing, and Hello! Skinny Jeans grab this concept.
– They weren’t sagging by the end of the night.
– I definitely looked (and felt) thinner. By 15lbs? I’m not sure.
– Easy to follow care instructions.
– They are a little bit too ‘stretch’ for my personal taste. The amount of
nylon/elastane is higher than that in some jegging styles. You are told to
squat/plié as you put them on in order to get the inner seam facing the
– The price: £148 will be out of some people’s reach, but I work out value based on how many times I will wear an item and I definitely think there an investment buy for some. (I’ve since worn them at least twice a week so they’re a great investment buy for me).
– The dye is a problem to start with but to be fair, they warn you not to wear “fine whites” until you’ve washed the jeans a few times.
Would I recommend Hello! Skinny Jeans to my friends?
A resounding YES!
Fantastic! These jeans are amazing! So comfortable yet pull my tummy in, lift my bottom and make my legs look really long. Wish I’d found them before. I’ve got the Nitewash, the Black ones and am buying the Daywash – now I just need to save up for the white ones. Worth every penny!
The jeans are really comfy – very slimming and really do what they say they will do. I have spent years trying to find such good jeans! Excellent service too. I highly recommend them.
Love them! They do exactly what they claim to do – suck me in (without a muffin top) lift my bottom and slim my thighs. Also, I love how they don’t have great big badges handing off the butt. Plain, simple and skinny– just like me now!