Healthy weight loss – 8 easy tips
- Drinking more water is crucial if you’re trying to lose weight, not only does it keep you hydrated and healthy, but it also fills up space in your stomach so you don’t become as hungry. The recommended daily allowance varies from person to person but is usually around 2 litres.
- Studies show that adults who eat a filling breakfast stay satisfied and eat less throughout the day. Missing breakfast or only consuming a small breakfast will make you eat bigger portions during the day and in turn put on weight.
- Getting a good night sleep is beneficial to healthy weight loss. Studies have shown that lack of sleep causes weight gain. Sticking to a balanced diet and getting at least 8 hours of sleep every night will ensure you stay healthy and refreshed.
- Cutting down your intake of salt is a massive contributor to losing weight, salt not only makes you put on weight but it makes you feel hungry and thirsty. If you start eating more natural foods you will see results in your face and stomach very quickly.
Healthy Weight Loss tips 4-8
- Instead of focusing on calorie count, start focusing on nutrition balance. Make sure each meal you have has a balance of carbs, protein and fat. Doing this will increase energy levels and promote healthy weight loss because you’re giving your body exactly what it needs, it will also make you full for longer.
- Although it may seem obvious to most of you, doing more physical activities such as running, cycling or even walking are very important when trying the lose weight. According to the NHS adults should do at least 2 hours and 30 minutes of “moderate-intensity aerobic activity” every week.
- Reducing your alcohol consumption will help you lose weight massively. A glass of red wine contains as many calories as a bar of chocolate! And a pint of lager can contain as many calories as a bag of crisps! Over time the amount of calories alcohol contains can become a huge factor to why you’re not losing weight.
- Eating foods that are high in fibre is perfect for weight loss, they will make you fuller for longer so you don’t have to eat as much. Fibre is only found in plants, so make sure you eat your greens!
Thanks for taking the time to read about my healthy weight loss tips.
Do you have any more to add? Please comment below.