Healthy Fish Recipes – Smoked Cod Bake
Healthy Fish Recipes
A simple but tasty fish dish. If your having guests round for dinner why not serve in individual pots with new potatoes and green beans?
Smoked Cod Bake is a healthy fish recipe and is over 501 calories.
40g/ ½ oz/3 tbsp low fat-spread
450g/ 1lb smoked cod fillet skinned and cut into 4 pieces
3 hard-boiled eggs sliced
20g/ ¾ oz/ 3 tbsp plain flour
300ml/ ½ pint/ ¼ cups skimmed milk
30ml/2 tbsp chopped basil
75g/ 3oz/ ¾ cup low-fat cheddar cheese grated
25g/ 1oz/ ½ cup fresh white breadcrumbs
2 tomatoes, sliced
Serve with a mixed salad.
• With a tiny bit of the low fat spread grease up a 1.2 litre oven dish and then put the fish into the oven dish and then place the egg slices on top.
• Place half of the remaining low-fat spread into a saucepan along with the milk and the flour.
• Whisk these until smooth. Bring to the boil and heat for 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Mix in the chopped basil and cheese.
• Spoon the mixture on the fish. Melt the remaining low-fat spread.
• Mix in the breadcrumbs.
• Scatter over the sauce and fish and then bake in a oven that has been pre heated at 190 degrees c/ 375 degrees f. Gas mark for about 45 minutes until the fish is fork tender and the top is golden brown.
• Decorate with a basil sprig and serve with a mixed salad.
Are you a fan of fish?
Do you have any Healthy Fish Recipes?
If you do so, please leave them in the comment box below or email email@example.com and we will list them on the site for everyone to share.
Disclaimer – This information is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended as and should not be relied upon as medical advice. If you utilize any information provided in this site, you do so at your own risk and you specifically waive any right to make any claim against Slimming Solutions Ltd, its directors or employees as the result of the use of such information.