Clean Eating Carrot Soup
There is nothing more satisfying than a hot bowl of soup on a cold evening.
This dish can easily be turned into a vegetarian or vegan meal, depending on your choice of cooking stock and garnishes.
From fridge to table in less than 2 hours! Enjoy
15 minutes prepping time
95 minutes cooking time
Nutritional value per serving:
Calories from fat: 175
Total fat: 20g
Saturated fat: 16g
Trans fat: 0g
What you’ll need:
120ml of melted coconut butter
(if unavailable, use extra virgin olive oil)
240ml of onion, peeled and chopped
1.4L coarsely chopped sweet carrots
1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
2 gloves of garlic, passed through a garlic press
1.7L low-sodium chicken broth
Freshly ground white pepper, to taste
1 tbsp sea salt
Juice of 2 fresh oranges
2 tbsp of fresh ginger, grated
How to make:
- Place the coconut butter into a stockpot. Heat over a medium to high flame. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, sweet potato and garlic. Cook until vegetables soften, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add chicken broth, pepper and salt. Return to the heat over a medium to high flame.
- When boiling, reduce the heat and add the orange juice and freshly grated ginger. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, if garnishing with ginger, brush ginger with olive oil and bake at 200?c until crisp.
- Using a blender, puree soup. Ladle into soup bowls and serve hot.
Source: The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged from New York Times best-selling author Tosca Reno.